Focus session submission guidelines
- We invite group leaders (Tenure track/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor) in The Netherlands to submit focus sessions for NWO CHAINS 2021. Focus sessions will be scheduled on both days, Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 December 2021.
- Young programme committee: We invite young researchers (not more than ~3 years after PhD, no tenure track) to submit a focus session. At least one spot will be reserved for the “Young programme committee”.
- Focus sessions can be submitted until the deadline of 10 June 2021, 14:00 hrs.
- A focus session is organised around a specific theme/’hot topic’. The topic is interdisciplinary and/or applied and has by preference cross-overs with more than one research field in chemistry. Although one individual can submit a focus session, we recommend a joint action of a few group leaders to strengthen the broad interest.
- All submissions should contain the following information:
- Contact details initiator;
- Contact details chair (this can be the initiator);
- Title of the contribution (max. 8 words);
- Abstract of the contribution (max. 200 words);
- Main track (Chemistry of Life, Chemistry of Materials, Chemical Conversion, Fundamentals and Methods of Chemistry, Chemistry and Industry) the contribution fits best;
- Names of aimed speakers;
- Abstracts of speakers or intented subject matter (max. 100 words);
- Relevant keywords.
- Format of the focus session: The duration of a focus session is 75 minutes. The initiators/chairs of selected focus sessions are responsible for the organisation of their own focus session.
- Recommendations: joint initiatives of a few group leaders to strengthen the broad interest, include a diversity of speakers (junior/senior, national/international, university/industry/other, affiliation, stage of career, gender balance, etc.). We encourage also young group leaders to submit a focus session!
- The programme committee selects the focus sessions to create a balanced programme. Selection criteria include the topic, diversity of aimed set of speakers, diversity of initiators/chairs and interest for more than one community.
Outcomes about the acceptance or rejection of the focus sessions will be communicated in July. Selected focus sessions then have until mid-September to organize their session and to submit the final details.
Please, keep in mind that your focus session might be completely digital. Also note that all envisaged speakers might be asked to present digitally, either live or pre-recorded.
Your focus session will be recorded to be made available on our secures online platform.