Co-create the NWO Chains 2021 programme by submitting focus sessions, abstracts for oral presentations in the parallel sessions or a poster! Please find more information and guidelines below.
Focus session submission was closed on 10 June 2021.
Parallel session submission was closed on 31 August 2021.
Each group leader (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor) can nominate one group member (PhD student/Postdoc) for the NWO CHAINS 2021 programme. Due to the limited number of time slots available, a selection will be made among the nominations.
All nominations should contain the following:
- Contact details group leader and nominee;
- Title of the contribution (max. 8 words);
- Abstract of the contribution (max. 200 words);
- Main track (Chemistry of Life, Chemistry of Materials, Chemical Conversion, Fundamentals and Methods of Chemistry) the contribution fits best;
- A primary (obligatory), secondary and tertiary (optional) subtheme that fit the contribution;
All received nominations will be evaluated per track by selection committees consisting of members of the Working Groups and the programme committee.
The programme committee will decide on the final programme at the end of September, early October. After that, speakers will be informed as soon as possible and the final programme will be made public.
We aim to organise an at least partly live meeting this year if the COVID-19 situation allows us to. NWO, in principle, acts in line with the measures taken by the Dutch government. However, we will make sure that most of the programme will also be available online or even entirely if a live meeting proves unfeasible after all.
Parallel sessions will be recorded to be made available on our secured online platform. We will keep you informed regarding the directions taken.
Poster submission was closed on 23 November.
· The deadline for poster submissions is 22 November;
· Only submitters that registered to attend NWO CHAINS are eligible for selection to present at the venue in Veldhoven. We recommend that you register as soon as possible, preferably before submitting a poster or directly after. The deadline for registration is 8 November.
· All junior researchers can submit a poster;
· All posters will be published on our online platform so that they are available to all participants, both online and at the venue;
· There will be a limited number of poster slots available at the venue. We will work on a first come, first serve basis. If you are interested in a poster slot at the venue, submit your poster as soon as possible after submission is opened.
· Note that while you can edit your poster, abstract and video-pitch after submission, the first come, first serve selection is based on the last moment you edited your submission;
All posters, including those that are only published online, compete for the famous yearly poster awards, consisting of a cash prize amongst others. The video-pitches also form part of the assessment procedure so accept the challenge and put your best foot forward!
Requirements of your poster
· Language: The poster should be prepared in English;
· File format: PDF (.pdf);
· Layout: Portrait;
· Font size: we advise you to use at least 12 pt;
· Media: Images/photos, graphs and tables can be included in the poster;
Requirements of the video-pitch
Create a one-minute video of your poster pitch and tell the NWO CHAINS participants about your research. Guide the viewer through the poster as you would do during your poster presentation in a live situation.
· Language: the video should be prepared in English;
· You need to upload a pre-recorded video during the submission;
· File format: MP4 or WEBM (max 500Mb);
· Layout: Landscape;
· Please ensure to have a good quality internet connection while uploading your video. If you experience any trouble with uploading, try connected internet;
· Online participants can contact you by email with their questions also if you are selected to present at the venue. Please do not forget to answer them as well.
Selection for posters live at NWO CHAINS in Veldhoven
· We will not select on abstract. Submitters will present their poster at NWO CHAINS in Veldhoven on a first come, first serve basis (based on the latest editing time of your submission). We will notify you of the outcome of the selection after registration closes;
· Only registered participants are eligible to present their poster at the venue;
· As selected parallel session speakers already have the opportunity to present their work, they can only submit a poster to be included online, not at the venue;
· Posters must be printed on A0 in portrait, brought to the venue and placed on the right poster board by yourself. NWO provides the poster board and attachment material;
· Poster sessions will be programmed with even numbers on day 1 and uneven numbers on day 2. The numbers will be visible on the online platform.
submission is closed
submission is closed
submission is closed on23 November
is closed on 8 November