NWO CHAINS 2022 will be organised live at the conference center NH Koningshof in Veldhoven. Shuttle buses will be arranged to transport you from Eindhoven Central station to the venue and back.
NH Koningshof does not have enough hotel rooms to accommodate all participants. Therefore, hotel rooms in nearby satellite hotels are reserved as well. Shuttle buses are also provided for transport between the satellite hotels and the venue.
2 days + PI meeting on 20 Sept
1 day + PI meeting on 20 Sept
2 days, single room
2 days, no room
1 day, no room
All other (senior) positions
The conference fee contributes in part to the total costs of food and beverage, the venue and programme itself and shuttle buses between Eindhoven central station/hotels and the venue. The bulk of the costs are covered by NWO, including the overnight stays. Participants living in the surroundings of Eindhoven are advised not to book a hotel room as we cannot guarantee your room will be in at the venue itself and not in one of the satellite hotels.
- We only request a small contribution from M.Sc. and B.Sc. and we cannot offer them an overnight stay due to the limited number of hotel rooms available.
- PhDs and Postdocs that opt for an overnight stay are automatically assigned a double room. The room will be shared with a preferred roommate, by filling in a mutual roommate. If you have not filled in a preferred roommate, you will be assigned a roommate by us of the same gender.
- Group leaders can opt for a single room and also have the option to attend the group leader event on the evening prior to NWO CHAINS 2022, which ludes an additional overnight stay.
The conference fee includes for two days: coffee breaks, lunches, drinks, dinner and overnight stay on 21 September and shuttle buses between Eindhoven central station and the venue.
If you are unable to attend, please cancel as soon as possible so we can facilitate someone else.
Cancellation is possible via the deregister link in the confirmation e-mail or via ‘edit my registration’.
Cancellation before August 29: only administration costs of € 7,50 will be charged.
Cancellation between August 29 and September 7: 50% refund.
Cancellation after September 7: no refund.
No-shows or if you cancel your room after September 7: a fine of € 100 extra will be charged on top of the conference fee.
NH Conference Centre Koningshof
5504 RM Veldhoven
- NH Koningshof offers on-site parking. Rates: first 3 hours -> Free. Extra time: €1.50/hour, €5.00/24 hour
- Parking spaces cannot be reserved in advance.
- Charging point for electric cars available.
Next to rooms in NH Koningshof we also accommodate most shared rooms in underneath satellite hotels. We offer transfers between these hotels and NH Koningshof at various times on Wednesday and at 08.15 hours on Thursday 22 September (see ‘shuttle buses’).
- Bastion Hotel Eindhoven
- Novotel Eindhoven
- Van der Valk hotel Eindhoven
- Tulip Inn Eindhoven
Travel by train to Eindhoven central train station. On arrival leave the track and go right towards the bus station.
Take bus 150/149 to Reusel or bus 15 to NH Koningshof. These busses depart every half hour. It’s a 30 minutes’ drive to the venue. The bus stops in front of the venue.
For your convenience we provide shuttle buses from Eindhoven train station to the venue.
Tuesday 20 September
15.45 Eindhoven train station to NH Koningshof
16.15 Eindhoven train station to NH Koningshof.
Wednesday 21 September
As from 08.15 each 15 minutes until 09.30 hours from Eindhoven train station to NH Koningshof.
Return at 18.00 hours.
Thursday 22 September
One transfer only at 08.15 hours from the train station to NH Koningshof.
Return at 16.45 hours.
NWO offers free professional childcare (for children up to 4 years old) at the conference venue for all participants. If you have requested childcare in your registration, you will be contacted after registration closes. If you have any questions about childcare, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.