Save the date!
CHAINS 2021 is on 7 & 8 December
Thank you for joining CHAINS 2020
With over 1.100 viewers during the day, 250 speakers, 13 sponsors, 193 posters and lot’s of interaction we look back on a great online edition of CHAINS. We hope you all enjoyed CHAINS 2020!
We thank all our speakers and sponsors for their contribution to CHAINS 2020. We are working hard at the moment to collect all videos of the speakers so you can view what you missed during the coming weeks. See our aftermovie below.
Seven sponsors supported the poster prizes. We congratulate the poster prize winners.
We also congratulate the pubquiz winners, team ‘Nanda uit 5 havo‘. The complete score can be found here.
Over 300 connections
Lastly, we acknowledge that not everything went smoothly in making the over 300 connections needed to get everyone on screen. We apologise to speakers and attendees that experienced technical difficulties. By keeping the platform online we want to give everyone the chance to get more exposure and further facilitate the sharing of breakthrough science, knowledge and ideas.
Looking back at the CHAINS 2020 masterclasses
Around 100 PhD students participated in the Masterclasses of CHAINS 2020.
Five exciting topics by five inspiring coaches were offered:
- Publishing: Tips for Manuscript Writing and Successful Submissions: Dr. Jonathan Faiz (Wiley/Chemistry Europe) opened the Editor’s black box by explaining how manuscripts are processed from submission to publication, discussed ethical aspects of publishing and gave the participants useful tips on how to prepare a successful publication. Did you miss his Masterclass? You can check some online material here.
- Networking & Pitching: Juliëtte Boughouf (THRIVE Institute) shared her insights on networking and pitching, two important soft skills for career development. The participants could put their learnings into practice during the Masterclass, but of course also during CHAINS. Curious to learn more? Check out her presentation here.
- Getting Hired Best Practice : Craig Jackson (ESS Recruit) shared his insights as an recruiter on how to get hired: where to find a job, what skills employers look for, the role of social media for your job hunt, interview types and tips and more. Interested in his tips? Check out the main best practices here.
- Career planning: your next step! Marion Miezenbeek (QCoach.nl) took the participants onto a journey of self-reflection and discussed next steps in their careers. What is important for you in a job and what do you have to offer another employer or supervisor? Check out her advice/take-away here.
- Expand Your Online Presence through LinkedIn. Karlijn de Wit (Noscura) taught the participants about the ins and outs of Linkedin and how they can best make use of it to expand their online presence and network. Find out more with the 5 takeaways by Noscura here.
Aftermovie CHAINS 2020
Curious about how we create CHAINS 2020? Check out this video!