CHAINS 2020 goes online!
A stimulating programme will showcase the best and most exciting developments in the Dutch chemical community. By maximizing opportunities for interaction and scientific exchange we expect to continue to build the chemical community, including junior and senior scientists in academia and industry.
We are now in the process of researching our options in order to present the participants with an exciting and inviting online programme. This means that we also have to think about a different programme for the digital CHAINS experience. For instance: though CHAINS will still be 2 days, you can expect the programme to be shorter than normal. As we do not want you sitting behind a screen all day, we will include plenty of breaks. We are also thinking about a social programme part that you can join optionally. We will inform you of our plans soon and hope you will all be excited to participate! We expect registration to open in September.
Ideas for the online programme?
If you have ideas that can help us create an unforgettable online CHAINS 2020. Please contact us via email@example.com.
Co-create the Chains 2020 programme by submitting abstracts for oral presentations in the parallel sessions or a poster! Please find more information and guidelines below.
We are proud to announce our plenary speakers.
Call for parallel session nominations!
Help us co-create the CHAINS 2020 programme!
We invite group leaders in the Netherlands to nominate one of their junior group members to give a lecture during the parallel sessions. The parallel sessions will be scheduled on both days, Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 December 2020.
Nominations can be submitted until the deadline of 15 July 2020, 13:00 hrs.
- Each group leader (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor) can nominate one group member (PhD student/Postdoc) for the CHAINS 2020 programme. Group leaders with a large research group and/or having ‘speakers with an excellent lecture’ may submit a second nomination. Due to the limited number of time slots available, a selection will be made among the nominations, and first nominations will be prioritized above second nominations.
All submissions should contain the following information:
- Contact details group leader and nominee;Contact details chair (this can be the initiator)
- Title of the contribution (max. 8 words)
- Abstract of the contribution (max. 200 words)
Main track (Chemistry of Life, Chemistry of Materials, Chemical Conversion, Fundamentals and Methods of Chemistry) the contribution fits best
A primary, secondary and tertiary subtheme that fit the contribution
- All received nominations will be evaluated per track by selection committees consisting of members of the Working Groups and the programme committee
- The programme committee will decide on the final programme at the end of September, early October. After that, speakers will be informed as soon as possible and the final programme will be made public.
- Because CHAINS 2020 will be online due to Covid-19, instructions will be provided for selected speakers at a later stage.
- Focus session submission closed on 14 May 2020.
- You can submit nominations for speakers (PhD students/postdocs) for parallel sessions as of mid-May until 15 July 2020, 13:00 hrs.
- Poster submissions and registration will probably open September 2020.